For the last week of so I have been working non stop on getting a last minute project finished. At the beginning of Feb I was asked if I would be able to create a quilt for a book on Quilting by DK. The beginning was a bit slow going until the fabrics were picked. The Editor, Kate picked the prints out. Not really my taste of style but they are growing on me.
I started with a double pinwheel pattern I made up and sent it over to them for approval.
The idea was so all the end points lined up but it would leave the quilt on a slight angle which I liked. What they then asked for was a straight block with sashing around it.
Once the fabric arrived from Cotton Patch, I got to work using a paper foundation method. This would ensure all the blocks were exactly the same.
So today I managed to get all the sashing sorted and ready for pinning. Figured I would head to class a bit early so I can use the tables to lay it all out and pin.
Should end up as a Double bed quilt. Not to bad.