A few days later a package arrived at the house with some strike off prints. I immediately starting to like about what I could do with the very brightly colored prints. Then it hit me, Giant raindrops and an even BIGGER Umbrella!
My original sketch just had a solid background and while I didn’t want it to take away from the prints I knew it needed something. I found some Kona grey solids and a few sky blues and got to cutting.
So I decided to cut some squares and then sew them together. Then I cut some more and added them to the mix. After a while I ended up with over 100 little trimmed blocks that needed to be arranged.
I made my Raindrops and Umbrella pieces using some interfacing and then carefully appliquéd them in place.